My First Placement Experience

It was the day before my first interview. I edited my resume more than 25 times and printed it 4 times 4 copies of it because of small mistakes and printed all the required documents. The company was Larsen and Toubro which was going to give a package of 4.8 lacs. It was a handsome package for students of my college. Around 600 students of two colleges, wanted to be placed.  I was sure that I could easily crack aptitude and Group discussion because I had confidence in my practice of the last week.  I was thinking about the interview how I could give my best. I went to sleep at 1:30 am wondering how would be the interview.

It was all started with early in the morning. I wake up at 5:30 am because we were told that placement talk will be started at 6:15 am. I reached auditorium at 6:20 am. Hopefully, Placement Talk started at 7:30 am and ended around 8:30 am. The representatives of the company gave their speech. Every college doesn't have 600 computers with proper internet connection. Nearly half of the students from 600 were going to give Aptitude and Technical online exam.  I was not one of them. We were given a refreshment break for half an hour by our TPO. The online Test was going to be last for around one and half hour. I had completed my breakfast at 9:15 am. Around 10:45 am nearly another half were called for Online Test. I was not one of them. Around 12 students were still remaining, I was one of them.

Almost all the computers were occupied. It was a starting of one of the worst experience of my life. At 11:15 am I was being taken to one of the first-floor computer labs. All the good working computers were occupied by 6 students from us. Remaining 6 students including me were taken to a second-floor lab which
had internet access in order to complete online exam on time. Due to some technical problem, OTP which requires starting the exam was not working for any of us. So again we were shifted to the another first-floor lab having better internet connection. We tried OTP sometimes but got the same error.

From 11:15 am to 3:30 pm we were sitting in the lab without food. Some of us lost their excitement to join the company because of hunger. I was motivating myself by telling that if we are hungry than our mind works better (It's Fact). Group discussion of some students had already started. When I was trying to enter OTP it suddenly started working. So we started the exam. I completed my aptitude exam around 4:35 pm. I was thinking that I had almost cleared it. I tried to start Technical Test and again got the same error. HR was called to check whether I cleared Aptitude test. He told me that I failed in Aptitude test by 1 marks in the reasoning section.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Should we use fidget spinner?

India Before and After liberalization